US Census Bureau, Population Division, International Programs, Technical Assistance and Capacity Building Branch
Do you have experience in data collection and analysis in developing countries? Are you passionate about the data and tools that enable evidence-based decision making? Do you enjoy traveling and collaborating with people from different countries? If so, we encourage you to apply for the Survey Statistician/Demographer vacancy in the Technical Assistance and Capacity Building Branch (TACBB) in the International Programs (https://www.census.gov/population/international/) of the Population Division, U.S. Census Bureau.
TACBB is responsible for providing training and technical assistance to National Statistical Offices (NSOs) around the world. The branch manages multi-year projects that increase the capacity of NSOs to conduct censuses and surveys. Branch staff deliver workshops and provide technical assistance on methodological and organizational topics related to data collection and analysis. The branch also supports the International Training Program based at the Census Bureau. TACBB staff members regularly collaborate with other staff within the International Programs and across the Census Bureau.
The TACBB is seeking a Survey Statistician/Demographer to assist the branch in fulfilling its mission.
- Serve as an expert on providing technical assistance and training for statistical capacity building in developing countries.
- Produce international demographic estimates. Apply statistical theories, techniques, and methods.
- Develop and present materials and tools for in-person and remote assistance related to census and survey operations.
- Communicate with internal and external audiences, exchange technical information and resolve problems.
- Travel to developing countries frequently to teach statistics
- Masters degree in demography, statistics, sociology, economics, geography, social science, or public health
- Proven commitment to high-level technical expertise in statistical methods, demography or social sciences
- Experience training individuals and building organizational capacity in a cross-cultural environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities, schedules and cultural contexts
- U.S. citizenship
If interested, please apply to: