CCPR’s Data and Computing Core, teaming up with the Social Sciences Computing (SSC), aims to provide CCPR with total computing system support including:
- Data/Computing Consultation and Assistance
- Network Research Computing Solutions
- Secure Data Enclave Support and Maintenance
Consultation and Assistance
- Writing data security proposals to acquire restricted data sets, guidance for restricted data acquisition.
- Assistance in preparing computing aspects of proposals.
- Developing dedicated computing resources for your projects.
- Systems and data troubleshooting.
- Computing budget planning.
Network Research Computing Solutions
CCPR Terminal Server (TS2)
- Fast dual processor machine with 512 Gigabytes of Ram, available for computation and debugging
- Flexible Software Installation options (Stata/MP, SAS, Mplus, MATLAB)
- Assisting researchers in meeting deadlines and overcoming the hardware limitations of their standard desktop machines.
- Current Server: TS2.ccpr.ucla.edu – (CCPR Managed – for assistance:email@example.com)
Social Sciences Educational Terminal Server
- Medium size multiprocessor machine with a large amount of memory.
- Almost all software available in the Social Sciences Computer Lab (SSC) is available on this machine.
- For assistance: firstname.lastname@example.org
High Performance Cluster Computing (Hoffman2)
- CCPR is connected to the Hoffman2 Cluster hosted at IDRE where very high end processors are available for carrying out R/Stata/SAS/Matlab simulations
- More information regarding the Hoffman2 cluster is available at http://www.hoffman2.idre.ucla.edu/getting-started/
Unix Enterprise Servers/Webservers/Database Servers/Data Scraping Servers
- High end multiprocessor machine with large amount of memory.
- Several Statistical packages available.
- Several compilers available.
- Supports many simultaneous users.
- Setup on request and availability
CCPR Secure Data Enclave
CCPR’s Secure Data Enclave (SDE) provides a secure air gapped environment with which to store and work on restricted datasets. In-depth information regarding the SDE and restricted data support can be found here.
Apply for Resources
To Learn about what resources CCPR has available, watch our presentation here: CCPR Resources presentation
Once you know what resources you want to use, apply through this form: CCPR Computing Resource Application