Pathways Student Internship Opportunities (www.USAJobs.gov)
The Demographic Directorate at the U.S. Census Bureau is recruiting from the mathematics and statistics student internship announcement (BOC-2018-0429, Job Series 1599, Pay Grades GS 7/9/11), which opens on Friday, March 9th and will close at 11:59 pm ET once 200 applications are received, or on March 19th, whichever occurs first. We seek training in sociology, economics, survey design or data collection, demographic analysis, project and schedule management, and/or quantitative analysis of large datasets.
- Positions are located in Suitland, MD (a suburb of Washington DC).
- The vacancy announcement will be available at www.USAJobs.gov.
Please consider applying on March 9th. Applications will not be accepted after the announcement closes. You may create a USAJobs profile in advance of the vacancy opening.
- Review the “who may apply” and “required documents” section of the announcement and confirm all required information is submitted with your application (including education documentation). If a degree has been obtained, please include a letter of acceptance into another degree or certificate program to show proof of eligibility.
- Please apply to all pay grade levels for which you would like consideration.
Other internship announcements on USAJobs that will likely open Friday 3/9 (or have opened, as indicated) with recruiting primarily in other areas of the Census Bureau include:
- Information Technology Intern [BOC-2018-0414, opened 03/07], Administrative Intern [BOC-2018-0421 opened 03/07, and BOC-2018-0427, 3/9/2018], and another Statistician Intern Announcement [BOC-2018-0428, 3/9/2018].
Permanent Positions: Several permanent positions are also posted on USAJobs. You may create a saved search on the term “Census” in USAJobs to be alerted to future vacancy announcements.
- GS-1530-9/11/12 Demographer in the Technical Assistance and Capacity Building Branch opened on 2/27/2018 and closes on 3/13/2018 [BOC-2018-0368]. https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/492475500
*If you have questions regarding your application, please contact the Census Bureau Human Resources Representative indicated on the vacancy announcement.