Ref: 50012237 (R-AGR-3008-10-C)
Preferably from 1 September 2018
Fixed term contract, 32 months
Full time, 40hrs/week
Under the supervision of Assoc. Prof. Dr. Robin Samuel, the successful can-didate will help finalize and field the Luxembourgish Youth Survey. This repre-sentative large-scale survey of 16 to 29 years old in Luxembourg covers a wide range of social and economic topics and is highly relevant to researchers and policy makers. A further task of the research associate will be to manage and analyze the collected data and contribute to the quinquennial Luxembourgish Youth Report and other scientific publications.
The successful candidate will join the group on “Youth Research” within IN-SIDE’s Institute for Research on Generations and Family, directed by Prof. Dr. Helmut Willems. INSIDE (Integrative Research Unit on Social and Individual Development) is a multidisciplinary research unit focusing on sociological, psy-chological, educational, and economic processes associated with social change and development.
• Finalization of measurement concepts, scales, and question modules ac-cording to international standards
• Pre-tests of questionnaire
• Management of field phases
• Management and analysis of collected data
• Contribution to scientific publications and to quinquennial Luxembour-gish Youth Report
• Meetings and exchange with relevant stakeholders
• Documentation of conducted work
• Master diploma, MA in sociology, educational sciences, or another rele-vant discipline
• A very good command of German or French, and preferably English; Luxembourgish is considered an asset
• Experience in designing questionnaires
• Experience in collecting, managing, and analysing survey data
• Ability to work autonomously
• Willingness to engage in teamwork in research groups
• Opportunities to expand your skills and knowledge in a dynamic research team
• Personal workspace at the University of Luxembourg
• Stimulating work environment
• Motivation letter (max. two pages)
• Curriculum vitae
• Copies of diplomas
Dr. Robin Samuel
(+352) 46 66 44 5084
Please apply online by 8 July 2018. Applications obtained by e-mail cannot be processed.
The University of Luxembourg is an equal opportunity employer.